* * *nouna solid silvery grey radioactive transuranic element whose atoms can be split when bombarded with neutrons; found in minute quantities in uranium ores but is usually synthesized in nuclear reactors; 13 isotopes are known with the most important being plutonium 239• Hyponyms: ↑plutonium 239
* * *\\ˈpü\chiefly Scotlandvariant of pull
* * *Symbol, Chem.plutonium.
* * *abbrevPick-up
* * *Pu (no period),plutonium (chemical element).PU (no periods),polyurethane.
* * *symbol the chemical element plutonium
* * *pu, pu'Sc. forms of pull.
Useful english dictionary. 2012.